All images are copyright of the photographers and are not to be shared or re-posted without expressed written consent.

Oct 5, 2010

Photoshoot Preview - Saitam Photography

In my constant pursuit to seek out innovative photographers, I collaborated with model Rob Neff and photographer Will Matiaz of Saitam Photography on a couples shoot in Silver Spring, MD. Matiaz's creative imagination drew me in, for his images are often whimsical and brilliantly constructed.  I first noticed him through a fellow co-model of mine, Alexandra Merino (aka MetalClown), pictured below who creates her own costumes and outfits for her photoshoots.  The collaboration between her and Matiaz produces a sparkling array of fantastical imagery, so colorful and vibrant that my eyes can't ignore.



I won't give away the details behind our couples shoot, but one thing I really liked was the poetic story that's being told through the images.  Once the three of us talked through the concept and theme, we began portraying the characters as if being filmed for a movie.  I'm looking forward to the final outcomes and seeing our story come to life.  In addition to this, I have a solo shoot planned with Will in the coming weeks.  Think Halloween!  Many thanks to Rob and Will for the experience of shooting with you.  You were great to work with!

No comments:

Post a Comment