All images are copyright of the photographers and are not to be shared or re-posted without expressed written consent.

Oct 24, 2010

Executive Canvas, by Julian Vankim

It's been a long day at the office!  Time to take a load off.  The second series from my evening shoot with Julian Vankim back in late-summer has been released.  "Executive Canvas," a collection of black and white shots of me slowly taking off an article of clothing, attempts to portray the feelings elicited by the conventional white-collar employee after getting home from work.


I don't know how many times I came home from a stressful day on the job and stripped down to my undies, as if to forget the entire work day!  This story-telling set of images intends to capture that moment right when you walk through the door and the first thing you want to do is get out of your work clothes. After all, you've spent all day trying to please your impossible boss, dealing with incompetent customers, and sat through pointless meetings all day.  Even the commute to and from work has you frustrated. Don't even get me started on that one!


I'm very happy with this set!  Once I saw the full series on EthanSays, I could not have envisioned a better platform.  Artistic, sexy, focused, and thought-provoking - just a few of the countless qualities that characterize the contemporary website!  And thanks to Julian, who has been on a roll lately!  Always a pleasure collaborating with you on your creative concepts.  So go ahead kick off your shoes, put away your dry cleaning, and enjoy a briefing of this executive suite!


2 comments: