All images are copyright of the photographers and are not to be shared or re-posted without expressed written consent.

Jul 25, 2010

Heat Wave, by Joe TickNow



The first set in my summer trilogy with Joe TickNow has finally been released on Beautiful, a prominent blogsite within the realm of photography and fashion, known for featuring some of the hottest models and photographers around.  This series of summer sizzlers was the first release from my shoot with Joe TickNow but was delayed after Beautiful expressed interest.  We released two teaser images from this set as a preview and now the trilogy has come full-circle.


I've never modeled with surfboards before, nor have I surfed a day in my life but luckily I did my research in advance.  I browsed through multiple surfing magazines and webpages for inspiration on my "character" in hopes I wouldn't look silly with a giant surfboard in my hand or wetsuit hanging on me.  This was an aspect of modeling I began taking seriously, much like how an actor must embody a character he/she has to portray.


I must say that I am pretty impressed with how these turned out, and they look amazing on Beautiful's website (for the full feature along with additional images, click here), not to mention simply having fun with this concept.  Maybe I will take up surfing as a hobby one of these days.  Doubtful, but at least I can say I made it look convincing.  =)




2 comments: