All images are copyright of the photographers and are not to be shared or re-posted without expressed written consent.

Aug 23, 2010

Modeling Bootcamp II

Photo credit:  Stephen Cubbage Photography
A few months ago I had undergone a series of training exercises with my favorite photographer, Y.M.I.J.  (see the related post here) to better display emotions, expressions, and bringing character out of my images.  It was a great success, and the training paid off as I got some of the best images to date from working with Y.M.I.J. and Joe TickNow.

Now, I'm going to be taking on a new assignment over the course of the next several months:  Modeling Bootcamp II.  I have a full artillery of kitchen equipment now that I've moved into my new place, new protein powder (cytogainer), and a mindset to bulk up during the fall and winter months.  I'm not going to be fearing carbs, nor will I hold back on the calories.  I'll be training harder at the gym, lifting heavier weights, and consulting a personal trainer on a semi-regular basis to ensure I'm meeting my fitness goals.  This means that I may be cutting back on the number of photoshoots I do, but it's the sacrifice I'm willing to take to drive my modeling "career" in a new direction.  My long hair has given me a different look already.

I've been slowly integrating this new course of action over the last month to get ready for what lies ahead of me.  I'll be promoting the Ripped Genes Calendar and shooting with Kemuel Valdes down in Miami -  I'll be prepared for both of those, but then it's serious business when I get back home.  I'm likely to do a few shoots here and there throughout the fall/winter months to keep my portfolio fresh (probably some editorial fashion work), but I still plan to stay the course.  Wish me luck!

1 comment: